Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Back from Roots Tech!

My life
 as a genealogist, author, seamstress, jewelry designer...it's chaos...but I love it!

Do any of you write down your daily goals?
  I think it is good to write them down and pray about them.  Heavenly Father will help you prioritize according to need.

What my projects today are...
1.  finish a tote bag "music/violin themed"
Well, I got  most of it done - I will put the straps on tonight and take pictures tomorrow.


2.  Start the bag for these Unicorn embroideries...going to redo one.  I hate the colors that were programmed in the stitchout "recipe"....I'll get back to you on that.
Hey, it's a beginning and it is what the customer asked for.  That's how I do it.  I ask them to pick two  designs that go with the theme of the tote bag they want.  They go here embroiderydesigns.com and then I download it, hopefully getting a little discount sometimes, and add it to the cost of the bag.

ADDED SOME METALLIC THREADS SO IT WILL SPARKLE



THAT WOULD BE THE BAD ONE
I THINK THIS IS MUCH MUCH BETTER
                       


LEFT - FOLLOWED THE RECIPE - RIGHT - DID MY THING ;)
I LIKE THE ONE ON THE RIGHT....

3.  Create some pages for a new family tree jewelry line I'm dreaming up for my kastlekreations.net   website.  This one is going on my to do list for tomorrow!

4.  Create some pieces of family tree jewelry....nuf said there. (see samples below)
What do you think?  would you pay 25 for pendant and necklace?

lAPIS lAZULI AGATE 22" GOLD/SILVER CHAIN

COPPER FAMILY TREE 22" GOLD CHAIN
AMETHYST

22" SILVER CHAIN
LAPIS LAZULI FAMILY TREE

TIGERS EYE - SILVER 22" NECKLACE

ADVENTURINE AND AMETHYST

FIRE OPAL FAMILY TREE
AMETHYST FAMILY TREE



About Genealogy!

A lot of wonderful things happened last week.
I learned more about DNA - raise your hand if you want to learn what I learned - it's really baby steps DNA but it made sense and I loved it.  Another favorite class gave me some ideas of where to search for interesting things.  I'm saving that for my newsletter! So stay tuned!

** disclaimer because of my calling, I can't really promote any one particular company but I do believe in entrepreneurship and highlighting those who are trying to make the world a better place.**

I met some wonderful people!  I enjoyed meeting Niki Liston and Jeanette Pehrson.  They formed a business called MyDNApie - such a cute concept.  I think it allows you to be a missionary without really realizing you are.  You are sharing a love of family history in a really fun way.  You know how we get all of our data and create a fan chart?  Well, we could take that information and create a pie chart showing what percentage of what heritage or country we hail from.  

BUT, what if you are in a silly mood?

Well, what if you could change the content of your DNA the way you can change your mood?  It let's you create a "persona" that fits YOU.  One girl created one which said, "30% kickback, 20% awesome, etc., all the way to 100%.  They can put whatever you create on anything - a mug, tshirt, phone cover - lots of fun ideas.  I hope you will drop by their site and see what you think.  




Here is the video we took - hope you get excited about what they have to offer.



The other company I struck up a friendship with is GeneaCreations.com  
I really liked the material she used for the bling design on this turquoise shirt.






Jeannette Piecznski is the owner and striving to do a really good job creating some unique things like I do -- for crafts, totes, genealogy or family history jewelry and clothing which reflects the genealogist's desire for a unique style!  My only regret with my photography is that this doesn't sparkle as much here as it does in real life.  
(Okay, all that means she who likes bling, should wear bling!) Check out her site


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a kind message or inquiry.

Featured Post

Ghost hunting or looking for Ancestors? Is there a difference?

 What is the difference?  Both hobbies are trying to accomplish the same thing.  They are trying to build a bond between the living and the ...