Hit a brick Wall in your Genealogy?
http://www.amazon.com - look for family history
BOOK - (ONLINE AS WELL) - Marsha Hoffman Rising, author of a book I’m studying called “The Family Tree Solver – tried-and-true-tactics for tracing elusive ancestors”Has your family history research hit a brick wall? Marsha Hoffman Rising's best-selling book The Family Tree Problem Solver has the solutions to help you find the answers you seek.
- Ideas on how to find vital records before civil registration
- Tips for finding "missing" ancestors on censuses
- Instructions for investigating collateral kin to further your pedigree
- A look at advanced court records and how they can help you find answers
- Work-arounds for lost or destroyed records
- Techniques for correctly identifying and researching ancestors with common names
- Methods for finding ancestors who lived before 1850
- Case studies that show how to apply the author's advice to real-life research roadblocks
- Strategies for analyzing your problem and creating a successful research plan
Contents of the Family Tree Problem SolverChapter 1: The First Step: Analyzing the PRoblem and Planning a Strategy for Success
Chapter 2: Finding Births, Marriages, and Deaths Before Civil Registration
Chapter 3: Why Does the Census Taker Always Miss My Ancestor?
Chapter 4: Consider the Collateral Kin: Genealogical Researech in the Full Family Context
Chapter 5: Your Day in Court
Chapter 6: What to Do When The Courthouse Burned
Chapter 7: Give Me Land - Lots of Land
Chapter 8: Sorting Individuals of the Same Name
Chapter 9: The Critical Connection: Finding Ancestors Who Lived Before 1850
Chapter 10: Ten Mistakes Not to Make in Your Family Research
Chapter 11: Analysis of Evidence
Using Online Sources of American History to Solve Tricky Genealogical problems.